How to set up and use the Zenefits 401(k) tool
If you're a Zenefits Payroll customer, you have the ability to use the 401k Import and Export feature to transfer information in a report format between your payroll system and 401k provider system.
How do I set this up?
- From your admin dashboard in Zenefits, go to the Payroll app, then to the Settings tab.
- Click on 401k from the left hand menu.
Importing Deferral or Loan Updates
- Next, click Begin Import.
- Select whether you are importing Loan Updates or Deferral Updates.
- Select whether the file format is Excel or CSV.
- If you already have an acceptable template, click Upload then add it to the dashed box by selecting or dragging.
- If you wish, select the date range for the import.
- Drag and drop the file to upload.
- If you're receiving an error message in the import process, make sure the format follows the guidelines in this article.
Exporting 401k Data
- Click Export Data.
- Pick one of the following reports from the drop down
401k Combined Report: Aggregated information from Contribution, Loan Repayment, and Maintenance reports
401k Contribution Report: Information regarding worker and employer contribution towards 401k
401k Loan Repayment Report: Information regarding loan repayment deductions
401k Maintenance Report: Worker census information
- Next, select whether you'd like to filter the report by:
Pay Runs: Select all the pay runs you'd like to export information from in one report
Pay Date: Select the pay date and pay run(s) you'd like to to export information from in one report
- Decide if social security number should be included
- Select if the report should be run in Excel or CSV format.
Thank you for the feedback!