Skip to main content



How are R&D Tax Credits Managed in Zenefits Payroll

R&D tax credit information from your Federal form 6765 can be entered into the Tax Payments & Credits flow in the Taxes tab of your Payroll app (beta only at this time).  

Once your form 6765 claim information is entered, Zenefits will calculate the appropriate claim amount and generate a Federal form 8974  to file as an attachment to your quarterly 941 payroll tax return. 

Your R&D tax credits will be applied to your quarterly payroll tax returns during filing and you will receive credit refund amounts directly from the IRS. 

  • Was this article helpful?