Skip to main content
Pay schedules for Zenefits Time & Attendance users
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Here are the requirements for using Zenefits Payroll with Time & Attendance.
- All schedules must have 7 days in arrears.
- This is to ensure your workers are able to report their hours and there is enough time to process payroll.
- Additionally, this is the maximum number of arrears days allowed in California.
- All schedules must have a 12-hour approval window for Time & Attendance because this is the only available window that will close before the payroll approval deadline, when there is an intervening weekend. At this time, the 12-hour window cannot be altered.
- Separate runs are generated for both hourly/salary non-exempt T & A workers vs. salary workers.
- Hours entered after the Time & Attendance approval window ends must be manually added to payroll. Preview runs (generated for T&A) become Draft runs at 12 PM on the day after the pay period closes. At this point, hours entered into T&A will not push to payroll.
- Any changes made in payroll will not sync back to T&A.
- If there's a weekend or holiday in the block period, companies with a 4-day period are temporarily moved to 2-day. This only applies to the non-exempt hourly employees using Time & Attendance. The exempt salaried pay run will be on the normal 4-day block period.
- The number of schedules you can have depends on whether you use Zenefits Payroll and Time & Attendance:
- -If you don't use (or don't plan to use) Time & Attendance, you can set up one or two schedules.
- If you do use (or plan to use) Time & Attendance, you must set up two schedules.