This beta is available for Zenefits Payroll customers. If you'd like to participate in the beta for this initial functionality, please reach out to our support team to be added.
Once you have been provided access to this beta functionality:
- Open the Payroll app on your Zenefits dashboard.
- Click on the Taxes tab and navigate to Tax Payments & Credits in the left-hand menu.
- To add your R&D Tax Credit, fill in the appropriate questions to indicate that you have claimed credits on IRS form 6765 and select the year(s) in which the form was filed. Provide the corporate income tax return details and the amount(s) to be claimed, and click the Next button.
- You will be directed to the credits summary page. This page will show you the entries you have made, but have not yet claimed. You may still edit the information you have submitted at this time.
- When you are ready to claim your credits, review your information for accuracy and click the Claim Credit button. Note: Once you click the Claim Credit button, you will no longer be able to edit your submission information.
- Read and select the acknowledgement box in the pop-up window and click the Confirm button.
- You will now see your submitted claimed credits on the Tax Credits & Payments tab.
Note: The current beta feature does not allow for credits to be claimed for previous quarters. If a credit needs to be claimed on a 941 return which has already been filed, this will need to be handled via an amendment to the 941 outside of the beta functionality.
At this time, amendments for R&D tax credits are handled manually via our Support team. If you need an amendment processed, please reach out to Support.
Internal Support Notes
Customers are eligible for the R&D beta if:
What if customers need 941 amendments to claim R&D credits on previous quarters?
If a customer mentions they need R&D tax credit help, please clarify the above points with them.
The R&D beta does not handle amendments at this time.
Clarus: If there are any questions regarding the Clarus R&D acquisition please reference our internal Confluence resource.