Accounting for Employees Moved Part-Time to Full-Time
If an employee was moved from part-time to full-time status in Zenefits during their initial measurement period, the employer will need to make this adjustment manually in the Zenefits ACA Compliance app. This is because once they become a full-time employee, they are considered to be “full-time” qualified as soon as their waiting period passes – in this situation, the employer would not wait for the stability period to offer them coverage.
Reporting a Part-Time to Full-Time Move
In this special case, the employer will need to take the following steps:
- Log into Zenefits and click the ACA Compliance app.
- From the Employee Details table at the bottom of the page, select the employee whose employment type changed.
- This will display a pane on the right side. From this pane, select the ACA Details tab.
- Select the Edit link on the top right side of the screen.
- Go to the month during which their waiting period ends.
The waiting period starts on the date they were switched from part-time to full-time.
- In the Qualification Status field, select Qualified for Insurance.
- In the ACA Coverage Requirement field, select Coverage Required.
- In the Reason field, select >130 hrs/month worked.
- Apply this change to all following months.
Thank you for the feedback!