How do I correct a business name control code mismatch on my ACA e-filing forms?
If you receive an email from Zenefits that your ACA forms were rejected because of a name control code mismatch, you should:
- Log in to Zenefits and click on the ACA Compliance app.
- Click Filing in the orange navigation bar at the top.
- Click Fix Errors.
- Double check to make sure your Employer Identification Number (EIN) is correct on your e-filing.
- Review the rules and examples for valid business name control codes and confirm that the correct name control code was included in your e-filing. Click Edit to fix any incorrect control codes.
- If you can't determine the correct codes on your own, call the IRS Business Line at (800)829-4933 (choose option 1) for assistance.
The IRS Error Code for a mismatched business name control code is AIREX126.
Thank you for the feedback!