Skip to main content




How do I complete my personal tax return without Form 1095-B or 1095-C

If you haven't received your Form 1095-B or C before filing your return, you can rely on the coverage information provided by your employer to determine your eligibility for the premium tax credit and to determine whether you received minimum essential coverage. Other forms of documentation that would provide proof of insurance coverage include:

  • insurance cards

  • explanation of benefits (EOB)

  • statements from the insurer

  • W-2 or payroll statements reflecting health insurance deductions

  • records of advance payments of the premium tax credit

  • other statements indicating that you, or a member of your family, had health care coverage

There's no need amend or submit additional materials (e.g., if the Form is received) after the return is filed.

For more information, see this IRS article.

  • Was this article helpful?