Overview: The Benefits Administration app enables brokers, benefits administrators, and group administrators to dynamically manage employee coverage details by allowing you to update and edit employee information in real-time or retroactively. There are a number of options that are available in order to keep employee data accurate and reflective of what is on file with a carrier.
All of these actions should be utilized only when a change was first made with a benefits carrier. Changes made in Zenefits using this methodology will not generate carrier fulfillment tasks or update COBRA Complete, if applicable. Admins and brokers should always update employee enrollment data if changes are made outside of the system to ensure deductions are accurate when pushing into payroll.
Note: For groups using EDI, changes made using these functions will transmit via your EDI file feed to your respective benefits carriers.
How to Access:
- Navigate to the Benefits Administration app
- Click into the Employees tab
- Select an employee
- On the "Coverage" page , click the "Edit" button next to the line of coverage you need to make the change for
- Select the relevant option
- Deductions - Making changes to employee enrollment data will impact your employee deductions. If you make historically changes to your employees' historical enrollment data, you should expect to see Zenefits generate Deduction Adjustments to reconcile the updated employee cost information.