Before terminating an employee in Zenefits, make sure your COBRA administrator (TPA) and COBRA classification is setup in Zenefits. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the Benefits Administration app in your admin dashboard
- Click on the Company Tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Configure COBRA
- Choose your company's COBRA Classification and depending on the classification and state you will be asked to select a COBRA administrator. If you have any queries regarding the classification, you can reach out to your broker.
- Set your COBRA Administrator as COBRA Complete (our designated COBRA vendor) or Self-administer (you or your broker will manage COBRA outside of our system)
- If you have chosen COBRA Complete, you will be taken to the checkout page to purchase the COBRA product, if not already purchased
- Click Continue (for checkout) or Save
- You can view your COBRA settings on the Company tab within the Benefits Administration app
Please note that Zenefits system will not automatically determine or update the COBRA classification for your company. If you would like to change your COBRA classification or the administrator, please reach out to Zenefits Support through the Help link or app on your dashboard.