Carrier administered state COBRA is a direct relationship between the employee and carrier, since the employee is no longer affiliated with the employer's group plan. COBRA Complete is not involved in any part of administering carrier administered state COBRA or remitting payments. Hence company administrators will not be able to select COBRA Complete as the COBRA third-party administrator on Zenefits.
- Zenefits will send an informational carrier administered state COBRA email to the terminated employees. The broker will also send a termination notice to the carrier.
- Employees are responsible for enrolling directly with carrier.
- The carrier is responsible for sending state COBRA packet to employee.
- Employees receive separate state COBRA subscriber IDs with carrier.
- The carrier will bill the employee, not employer. The employee will pay the carrier directly for the coverage.
What states does this include?
- Rhode Island
The above process applies to all of the states listed.