Services available through EAP vary from plan to plan. Information on the types and scope of EAP services offered for employees can be found in their plan documents, but is not covered in the summary of benefits and coverage (SBC). Here are some examples of services that might be provided under an EAP.
- Mental health-related services and referrals
- Drug and alcohol-related services and referrals
- Services and referrals related to personal issues such as divorce and parenting
- Information on work/life supports, such as caregiving for elderly parents and financial planning
- Wellness and health promotion services, such as smoking cessation and weight reduction
- Work-related supports like career counseling.