If you need to remove dependents from any enrolled lines of insurance coverage outside of open enrollment, you can follow these steps. If you're in your company's open enrollment window, simply click Edit on the plan selection step and uncheck the box next to the dependent's name to remove them.
You may be required to show proof of other coverage for the dependent you're removing.
- Log in to your Zenefits account
- Click on the Medical, Dental or Vision Insurance card
- Click on Make Changes
- Select the reason you are removing your dependents from the drop-down menu
- Enter the date that this change took place (typically the 1st of the month)
- Check the box next to the dependents this change affects and click Estimate My Costs
- Uncheck the boxes to remove the dependents from that line of coverage
- Your new costs will be calculated on the right side of the window
- Once you have removed your dependent from the corresponding line of coverage, click Take me to Enrollment
- Sign & Submit
To remove dependents from COBRA coverage, contact your COBRA Administrator.