Employees with a valid reason for canceling coverage are able to cancel existing medical, dental, or vision coverage outside of their company's Initial or Open Enrollment period.
You may need to provide a Certificate of Creditable Coverage (COCC) if you are canceling because you're already covered on a different plan.
To cancel your personal insurance coverage after a QLE occurs, you can follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Zenefits dashboard
- Click on the Medical Insurance app
- Click Make Changes
- Indicate your desired change
- Select your Qualifying Event from the Reason for Change dropdown
- Input your event date
- Select the coverage to cancel, and click Continue
- Type and sign your name
- Click Cancel my insurance to confirm.