Understanding Carrier Administered State COBRA
Carrier administered state COBRA is a direct relationship between the employee and carrier, since the employee is no longer affiliated with the employer's group plan.
If designated as an employee's COBRA Administrator, COBRA Complete only sends the initial notice to the employee. COBRA Complete is not involved in any part of administering carrier administered state COBRA or remitting payments.
- COBRA Complete will send informational carrier administered state COBRA mail to terminated employees. The broker will also send a termination notice to the carrier.
- Employees are responsible for enrolling directly with carrier.
- The carrier is responsible for sending state COBRA packet to employee.
- Employees receive separate state COBRA subscriber IDs with carrier.
- The carrier will bill the employee, not employer. The employee will pay the carrier directly for the coverage.
What states does this include?
- Rhode Island
Thank you for the feedback!