How do I claim COVID-related relief credits through Zenefits Payroll?

To claim any COVID-related relief credits in Payroll to be included on your quarterly Form 941 filing, create an off-cycle pay run and add the qualified credits under the Employer Contribution section for each applicable employee.

Once the off-cycle pay run has been created for the impacted employee(s), add the credits by following these steps:

  1. Click on the impacted employee’s name to expand their pay stub in the pay run.
  2. Scroll to the Employer Contributions section and click Add Contribution.
  3. Select the applicable pay type, enter the amount, and click Save. Complete this step for each impacted employee.
  4. Once you have selected the pay type and amount for each employee, click Finish Edit.
  5. Finally, review your Run Summary and click Approve Run.

Once the off-cycle pay run is approved, the credit will be recorded on the associated quarter’s Form 941

Note: For the purpose of keeping track of your relief credits, we recommend that you use an off-cycle pay run each time. 

Was this answer helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us