How do I claim COVID-related relief credits through Zenefits Payroll?
To claim any COVID-related relief credits in Payroll to be included on your quarterly Form 941 filing, create an off-cycle pay run and add the qualified credits under the Employer Contribution section for each applicable employee.
Once the off-cycle pay run has been created for the impacted employee(s), add the credits by following these steps:
- Click on the impacted employee’s name to expand their pay stub in the pay run.
- Scroll to the Employer Contributions section and click Add Contribution.
- Select the applicable pay type, enter the amount, and click Save. Complete this step for each impacted employee.
- Once you have selected the pay type and amount for each employee, click Finish Edit.
- Finally, review your Run Summary and click Approve Run.
Once the off-cycle pay run is approved, the credit will be recorded on the associated quarter’s Form 941.
Note: For the purpose of keeping track of your relief credits, we recommend that you use an off-cycle pay run each time.
Thank you for the feedback!