What are the COVID-19 pay types that are supported by Zenefits?
The following are the COVID pay types that are supported in Zenefits. Note that you are responsible for calculating the amounts to be entered. The Zenefits system cannot do the COVID-19 calculations for you.
COVID-19 Time Off: used to record earnings paid to workers utilizing the COVID-19 Time Off requests in Zenefits.
- COVID-19 Self Care - Time Off
- COVID-19 Family Care - Time Off
- COVID-19 EFMLA
The COVID-19 Self Care - Time Off and COVID-19 Family Care - Time Off types are available to be used in accordance with the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act, or EPSLA. The COVID-19 EFMLA type is to be used in accordance with the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, or EFMLEA. To understand the differences between when each of these types should be used, we recommend you look through this Department of Labor resource.
COVID-19 Tax Credits: used to record earnings paid to eligible workers to receive federal tax relief.
- COVID-19 Employee Retention Expense
- COVID-19 Qualified Health Plan Expense
- COVID-19 FFCRA Tax Credit
Note: Employers that wish to take advantage of any COVID-19 tax relief credit options must make sure they understand:
- Any limits to the amount of credits they can claim
- Reporting requirements when claiming credits through payroll or other IRS Forms
- Restrictions on an employer's ability to claim credits and seek other relief options
For more details see the IRS resources on Employee Retention Credit.
Thank you for the feedback!