COVID-19 Related Leave of Absence
The Leave of Absence feature will have flexible tools that admins can use to track their workers’ emergency sick leave taken to remain compliant with HR 6201 (FFCRA).
You can access the policy by going to the Settings tab of your Time Off app in Zenefits. Select COVID-19 EFMLA from the drop down.
Key Features of the Policy
- Care for a minor or disabled child due to school or child care closure
- Care for a minor or disabled child due to unavailability of the school or child care facility due to COVID-19 related public health emergency as declared by a federal, state, or local government authority
- Accruals continue while on leave
- The first 10 days of leave are unpaid
- After the first 10 days , employees receive up to 10 weeks of paid leave
For information on how to handle this in Zenefits Payroll, see here.
- Benefits would remain untouched, but can be customized to adhere to your company policy.
- Notice of Eligibility
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Medical Certification
Note that although we've provided flexible tools to assist you with COVID-19 related leave, you are ultimately responsible for compliance with Coronavirus legislative requirements such as FFCRA and CARES Act. Please see this Department of Labor page for further guidance. Zenefits is not able to provide advice on changes you make in these tools.
Thank you for the feedback!