Form 1099 in the Contractors App
Zenefits will create and file 1099 forms for contractors who received more than $600 in the current year and were paid through Zenefits at least once.
Unlike previous years, 1099 filing is now an opt-in service: if an administrator does not opt-in, Zenefits will default to not filing 1099 forms. Administrators can opt in once the filing season begins, and will be notified once this period starts. The rest of the time, the page will be read only.
Opting In For Zenefits 1099 Filing
You can opt-in for 1099 filing by taking the steps below, depending on which plan you have in Zenefits.
If you have the Contractors app on your Zenefits account:
- Click the Contractors app from the main Zenefits dashboard.
- If it's time to file 1099s, you'll see the option for 1099 Form.
- Selecting this option will take you to a screen where you can elect to have Zenefits file your 1099-MISC forms.
- Go to the Payroll app from the main Zenefits dashboard.
- Click on the People tab.
- Click on the Contractor 1099 Form tab.
- Select Yes next to someone's name to opt in.
- Use the search bar to find someone by their name or email address.
Thank you for the feedback!