Workers' Compensation insurance

Workers Comp covers medical expenses and replaces lost wages for employees injured at work. Most states and medical carriers require this coverage once employers hire W-2 employees. The premium is primarily rated on two factors: Estimated Annual Payroll and Class Code Rates.

Please note that in the "monopolistic" states of Wyoming, North Dakota, Washington and Ohio, Worker's Compensation insurance is a payroll tax, and is administered by the state itself. Brokers cannot assist in managing or administrating Worker's Compensation in these states. Employers with employees in these states must contact the state agencies themselves for Worker's Compensation inquiries.

For more information, see the following agency links:

Worker's Compensation & Embroker

Zenefits has partnered with  Embroker, a leader in the  tech-enabled  business insurance space, to help better service your P&C (Property & Casualty) policies.
To learn more about Worker’s Compensation you can check out Embroker’s Worker's Compensation insurance guide, and sign up to get the best value on the right coverage.

Was this article helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us