Why do I need to file a plan name with the Department of Labor?

If on the first day of the group's ERISA plan year (renewal), the company had 100 or more participants enrolled in coverage, then they will need to file a Form 5500 for their Health and Welfare Benefit plan. A group health plan with fewer than 100 employees that is either fully-insured or self-funded (or a combination of both) is generally not required to file Form 5500.

Zenefits does not file the plan with the Department of Labor, however, this can be done online.

For more information regarding filing the ERISA Form 5500, please see this Help Center article or visit this Department of Labor page.

Was this answer helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us