Key Terms for Employee Administration
A glossary of key terms related to Employee Administration.
Employee Administration Terminology
- 2810.5 Non-Exempt Notice: A notice that California employers must provide to their employees regarding specific information about their employment.
- Applicable Large Employer (ALE): Employers with 50 or more full-time employees.
- At-Will Employment: Employers are able to terminate an employee at any time, with or without "just cause," as long as termination is not discriminatory.
- Employer Payment Plan (EPP): Employers choose to reimburse their employees for the cost of individual health insurance plans, instead of offering group health plans.
- IRS Notice 2013-54: States that Employer Payment Plans (EPPs) can be considered group plans, and are therefore subject to the conditions of the ACA.
- Medical Provider Network (MPN): A network of providers, including physicians, created to provide medical treatment for workers injured on the job in California.
- San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance (HCSO)?: A municipal requirement for employers with locations in San Francisco only. Under this ordinance, all covered employers must spend a minimum amount for each employee towards access to health care services.
- Severance Pay: Additional payment (and potentially benefits) paid to an employee upon termination.
Thank you for the feedback!