How do I delete an employee in Zenefits?
If an administrator erroneously creates a new employee, an employee decides to decline a job offer, or a manager is able to perform the intended actions directly for their reportee (for the list of functions available to cross-organization managers see here), the administrator can delete the employee from their employee list.
To delete an employee from Zenefits, ensure you are deleting the intended profile:
- Log into your administrator dashboard.
- Click on the Directory app.
- Click the name of the employee who should be deleted.
- If the employee:
- Has registered their account but not completed Initial Insurance Enrollment: Click Delete Employee Record in the Actions list. A pop-up will confirm that all employee records will be deleted.
- Has registered their account and completed Initial Insurance Enrollment: Click Terminate in the Actions list. This will ensure that the employee is not enrolled in benefits.
- If an employee who is enrolled in insurance is deleted, work directly with your broker or carrier to remove them from insurance.
- Has not registered their account: Click Revoke Offer. A pop-up will confirm that all employee records will be deleted.
- To continue with deleting the employee record completely, click Delete Employee.
If an employee is mistakenly deleted, please contact Support.
Thank you for the feedback!