How to Set Up Positions
In Zenefits, Positions can be used to group workers by the roles within your organization. Separate from assigning a person to a Department or providing them a Job Title, Positions are the flexible roles within your company that are required to meet the demands of your business, such as Lab Tech, Sales Rep, Engineer, or Delivery Driver.
To add a new Position:
- After logging into your Zenefits administrator account, go to the Company Profile app.
- Click on Addresses & Labor Groups from the left hand menu.
- At the bottom of the page, click +Add Position.
- Add position names and fill out a Position Code, if desired.
- After logging into your Zenefits administrator account, go to the Directory app.
- Click the Bulk Update/Export button.
- On this page, you'll select Active Employees and check the box next to Positions (the boxes for Name and Email should already be checked).
- Click Download Spreadsheet.
- Open the downloaded spreadsheet and navigate to the Employee Info tab.
- In the column of the Position, change the No to Yes if the worker will be assigned that position.
- If you've changed the Position column to Yes, you can also specify the rate per/hr in the column next to that position.
- Save the spreadsheet without changing the name or formatting, then return to the Bulk Update page.
- Click the Next button, then drag the saved file into the Upload Spreadsheet box.
- Click Validate Spreadsheet, then Submit Spreadsheet.
Thank you for the feedback!