How do I set up the Engagement app?
The Engagement app is largely dependent on the successful setup of your company's reporting structure and proper assignment of administrative roles.
How to Set Up Reporting Structure
Your company's reporting structure can be successfully set up by ensuring that all managers and direct reports are in Zenefits. This is an important step for the success of the Engagement app, because without proper definition of managers, you won't be able to share survey results. You can assign or update a manager by taking the below steps.
- Click on the Directory app.
- Select the Manager you want to update and click their name.
- Click the Employment and Compensation tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click the Make Changes link and then select An Immediate Change and continue.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in the Manager's Direct reports under the Direct Reports option (you can add all of their direct reports here).
- If this Individual has a Manager you can add them in the Manager box just above where you entered their Direct Reports.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue again to skip the next page.
- Notifying people is optional, but it is mandatory to type in something in the What's the reason for this change box.
- Click Continue.
- Click Confirm.
How to Set Up Administrative Roles
Once you have your company's reporting structure accurately reflected in Zenefits, you'll want to think about administrators. Only certain types of administrators (HR and Full Company) will be able to create and launch engagement surveys. You can assign the correct administrator and permissions by taking the steps below.
- From the Company Profile app, click Administrators from the left hand menu.
- If the individual(s) you'd like to be able to create engagement surveys is already an administrator, check if they are listed as an HR admin or a Company admin. These are the only two administrator types that will have access to create surveys.
- If the individual is already an HR admin, check to see who their permissions apply to- if their permissions are limited to Location or Department, they will not be able to create surveys. Only HR admins whose permissions apply to everyone in the company can create surveys.
- If the individual is not already an admin, click the +Add Administrator option. Go through the options to add the individual as either an HR or Company admin, making sure to apply their permissions to everyone in the company.
Thank you for the feedback!