Can I enroll or make changes to my LPFSA after experiencing a QLE?
If you've gone through a qualifying life event (QLE) and would like to enroll in an LPFSA, contact Zenefits Customer Care within 30 days of the event and provide:
- Written (emailed is fine) confirmation of the desired contribution amount.
- The desired type of FSA (Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA and/ or Child & Elderly Care FSA).
- The date of the QLE.
- If an employee's dependent turns 26, it would be acceptable for the employee to decrease their LPFSA contribution to reflect the loss of a dependent.
- If an employee adopts a baby, they may want to increase their elections to accommodate the new expenses.
- If an employee gets married, they may want to increase their elections to accommodate the new expenses for their spouse.
- If an employee's spouse loses their job (and therefore loses coverage), it would be acceptable for the enrollee to increase their LPFSA contribution (or sign up for the first time).
- An employee wants to reduce their LPFSA contributions because they decided not to pursue a treatment they had previously planned to have done ( i.e. Braces, Lasik surgery). The reduction is not an acceptable QLE.
Thank you for the feedback!