Can I make changes to my LPFSA contributions?
After initial enrollment, employees and employers can make changes to their LPFSA contributions in only three cases: before the plan year begins, before a new hire's effective date, and in the case of a qualifying life event. Please contact Support in order to change LPFSA contributions after experiencing a QLE.
LPFSA contribution changes due to a QLE must reflect the nature of the event. For example:
- If an employee's dependent turns 26, it would be acceptable for the employee to decrease their LPFSA contribution to reflect the loss of a dependent.
- If an employee adopts a baby, they may want to increase their elections to accommodate the new expenses for the new family addition.
- If an employee gets married, they may want to increase their elections to accommodate the new expenses for their spouse.
- If an employee's spouse loses their job (and therefore loses coverage), it would be acceptable for the enrollee to increase their LPFSA contribution (or sign up for the first time).
- An employee wants to reduce their LPFSA contributions because they decided not to pursue a treatment they had previously planned to have done ( i.e. Braces, Lasik surgery). The reduction would not be an acceptable QLE.
Thank you for the feedback!