How much should I contribute to my LPFSA?
During setup for your individual LPFSA in Zenefits, enter a single annual contribution amount for either a LPFSA or Child & Elderly Care account to set up only one type of account, or separate amounts for each type to set up both types of accounts. Here are tips on choosing the right contributions for either or both types.
How much can I contribute to a LPFSA?
- You can contribute up to $2750 a year to a Health Care FSA, regardless of the filing status you claim on your Federal tax returns. Learn more.
How do I choose the contribution amounts that are right for me?
- LPFSAs let you plan ahead for your out-of-pocket expenses, so the right contribution amount for either FSA type will ultimately depend on how much you expect to spend on eligible expenses.
Here are a few things to consider:
- If you contribute more, you may increase your tax savings. You can maximize your tax savings if you contribute more. Learn more.
- Your company may choose to contribute to your LPFSA(s). If so, you'll be able to see the amount(s) when you set up your plan. Company contributions count towards your annual maximum limit for a Child & Elderly Care FSA, but not towards the limit for a Health Care FSA.
- LPFSAs are "use it or lose it" accounts. Any funds you don't spend by the end of the plan year (or when your employment ends) go back to your employer, so don't contribute more than you're sure you will spend.
- Contribution amounts can't be changed. Once the plan starts, you can only change your contribution amount(s) after a birth, death, change in marital status, or other qualifying life event.
Thank you for the feedback!