here are many different types of benefits and leave. See below for legally-required benefits types, as well as other recognized benefits.
For information on types of leave that are required and recognized by federal law, see: Types of Federally-Required or Recognized Leave.
Benefits and Leave laws vary from state to state. The following information applies to federal law only.
Legally Required Benefits
- Social Security benefits
- Unemployment benefits
- Worker's Compensation benefits
Health Care and Welfare Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Short-Term and Long-Term Disability)
- Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation and Leave
Retirement Benefits and Pensions
- Pension plans
- 401(k) plans
- Commuter Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Cell phones, etc.