By default, managers can view basic information about their direct reports, but not sensitive information such as compensation, stock options, and I-9 documentation. Administrators can choose whether managers can view this information about their direct reports by editing their Manager Permissions.
How to Edit Manager Permissions
- Click on the Company Profile app on your admin dashboard.
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Click the edit icon next to Direct Reports’ Compensation Info to choose whether all, no, or selected managers can view this info. If you choose selected managers, you can select which managers should be able to view their direct reports’ compensation info.
- Click the edit icon next to Direct Reports’ I-9 Documents to choose whether all or no managers can view and verify their direct reports’ I-9 documents.
By default, no managers are able to view any sensitive information (compensation, equity, or I-9 documents).
Customizing Custom Field Restrictions
- Click on the Hiring app on your admin dashboard.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Go to the Custom Fields page.
- Click Edit under the specific custom field.
- Select No for "Should the employee's manager be able to see the answer to this prompt or question?".