Skip to main content




State Tax Information

You will need to register for every state where you have employees working and/or living. Once you have registered and provided Zenefits with the below information, we will be able to remit and file taxes with the jurisdictions on your behalf.

  • Withholding Account Number
  • Unemployment Insurance Account Number (and rate)
  • Worker’s Compensation Insurance Account Number (and rate)
  • Additional requirements such as a third party administrator registration.

For more information check out our Help Center pages on registering with individual state payroll agencies.

For more information on required tax filings (withholding and unemployment) on the federal and state levels, check out this Help Center page.

  • Was this article helpful?