G Suite is a set of intelligent apps, including Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar, designed to help you communicate, store, and create.
When you integrate G Suite with Zenefits, you can use the integration to:
- Automatically set up an employee's G Suite account during the hiring process and assign a work email address. The employee will receive a notification from Zenefits on the chosen date selected by the administrator during the hiring process.
New hires will be sent an invite to their personal email address to finish setting up their account and will sync into G Suite on the day Administrators have designated on Integrated Apps in the employee’s Hiring Checklist.
- Immediately disable an employee's G Suite account during the termination process.
Setting up a G Suite integration
The first step you will need to complete is within G Suite directly. Please make sure to enable API access in Admin console. Next, you can set up your G Suite integration by selecting the Add an App option on the main dashboard in Zenefits and then selecting G Suite from the list.
You will need to have administrator permissions on the Google Account you want to link in order to set up the integration. Additionally, you will need to ensure you have enough Google licenses or user creation will fail.
You'll also need to grant permissions to G Suite for the following items in Zenefits:
- Basic company information
- Employee employment information
- Employees' basic information
- Employees' work email addresses
- Updating employees' work email addresses
Note that the employee's Name and Email Address are the two items that will sync directly. During the hiring process, you may choose the day that the email address will be created.
Once you've granted these permissions, you'll be taken to the G Suite side to complete the setup. Once the setup is completed, the green Connected status will appear under the app's icon.
Using the G Suite integration
Once G Suite and Zenefits are synced, the G Suite app will show up in your main administrator dashboard. You can use it by clicking it and then selecting Manage. In the integration, you'll be able to see which employees are synced in G Suite, manage them in G Suite through the Manage option, or disconnect G Suite from Zenefits through the Disconnect option.