Office 365 allows you to work anywhere, anytime on any device with online, cloud-based versions of Microsoft Office.
When you integrate Office 365 with Zenefits, you can use the integration to:
- Automatically set up the employee's Office 365 account, including work email, during the hiring process.
- Restrict employees from accessing company data by disabling their Office 365 account during the termination process.
Setting up an Office 365 integration
You can set up your Office 365 integration by selecting the Add an App option on the main dashboard and then selecting Office 365 from the list.
You will need to have administrator permissions on the Office 365 account you want to link in order to set up the integration. Additionally, you will need to have enough Office 365 licenses or user creation will fail.
You'll also need to grant permissions to Office 365 for the following items in Zenefits:
- Basic company information
- Employee employment information
- Employees' basic information
- Employees' work email addresses
- Updating employees' work email addresses
Note that the employee's name and work email are the two items that will sync. This is done prior to the employee's first day of work.
Once you've granted these permissions, you'll be taken to the Office 365 site to complete the setup. Once the setup is completed, the green Connected status will appear under the app's icon .
Using the Office 365 integration
Once Office 365 and Zenefits are synced, the Office 365 app will show up in your main administrator dashboard. You can use it by clicking it and then selecting Manage. In the integration, you'll be able to see which employees are synced in Office 365, manage them in Office 365 through the Manage option, or disconnect Office 365 from Zenefits through the Disconnect option.