1. Once you have completed the payroll application, you will see a list of tasks on the Overview page of the Payroll app.
2. Click on the down arrow to expand the Upload Payroll Documents task and select Upload Documents.
3. Upload the required payroll documents under the appropriate section and then click Submit for Review.
4. Click Okay in the dialog box, and then select the Overview tab to be brought back to the main page.
5. Click on the down arrow to expand the Verify Your Bank Account task.
- If you elected Instant Verification during the application, this task will be marked as complete.
- If you elected Manual Verification, click Verify Account.
6. You will be brought to the Billing & Payments section of the Company Profile. Enter the amounts of the two test deposits from Zenefits Payroll under the Payroll Bank Account subsection and click Verify.
7. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the navigation sidebar and select Payroll
. This will bring you back to the Payroll app
8. Click on the down arrow to expand the Upload a Voided Check task.
- If you uploaded a voided check during the application, this task will be marked as complete.
- If you selected I’ll do this later during the payroll application, click Upload Check.
9. You will be brought to the Billing & Payments section of the Company Profile. Upload a voided business check within the Payroll Bank Account section.
. Once your Implementation Manager has reviewed and approved your payroll documents, navigate back to the Payroll app
11. Click on the down arrow to expand the Update and Confirm Employee Info task and select Get Started.
12. Select +Add Current Employee, enter the employee’s information in the dialog box and click Invite Employee to Zenefits.
13. Next, navigate to the Terminated tab. Here you will need to add any former employees who were paid in the current fiscal year.
14. Select +Add Former Employee, enter the employee’s information in the dialog box and click Save.
15. Once all employees who are working or has worked for you this year are listed in the table, click Yes, All My Employees Are Listed Above.
16. Click on the down arrow to expand the Set Up Your Tax Information task and select Get Started.
17. You will be brought to the Taxes section of the Settings page.
- Please note that this page will automatically populate the required jurisdictions based on the states where you have employees working and/or living.
18. Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the federal or state tax information box.
19. Enter the tax information for the jurisdiction and click Save.
20. Once the tax information has been entered for each jurisdiction, click Tax Setup is Complete.
21. If you are the assigned payroll signatory, click on the down arrow to expand the Sign All Documents task and select Get Started.
22. You will be brought to the Reports & Forms page.
- Please note that this page will automatically populate the required payroll documents based on the states where you have employees working and/or living.
23. Click the Sign Form button. This will open a dialog box allowing you to electronically sign the payroll document.
24. Provide your electronic signature within the signature box.
- If you have trouble with this, use your mouse to click and then hold down on the mouse while dragging it in the gray box to create/draw your signature.
25. Enter your full name in the bottom box and then click Sign.
26. Once all payroll documents have been signed, click All My Forms Have Been Signed.
27. Click on the down arrow to expand the Set Up Pay Types task and select Get Started.
28. Review the Pay Types that have already been added, if there are any other pay types that have been used in the current fiscal year, click +Add in the appropriate section.
- Be sure to review and set up pay types carefully as these are used to calculate paychecks and process payroll.
29. Enter the pay type information with the dialog box and click Create.
30. Once all the Pay Types have been set up, click All My Pay Types Are Set Up.