How to set up background checks for new hires
You can customize your company's onboarding process and enable background checks for each new hire. To get started:
1. After logging into your Zenefits administrator account, click the Hiring app.
2. Click Settings in the top menu bar.
3. Click Background Checks on the left side of the page.
4. Click the Set Up Background Checks button.
During setup, you'll configure the following settings:
- Which types? Choose whether to run either standard or premium checks, or both for each new hire. Learn more about the costs and contents for each type of check.
- Run it automatically or manually?: Choose whether Zenefits automatically runs a check for all new hires, or hiring managers decide whether to run one for each new hire.
- Who can review the results? Choose who can view background check results: administrators, the new hire's direct manager, or both.
- Include Motor Vehicle Report? Motor vehicle reports (MVRs) are available for all states except Pennsylvania. If enabled, MVRs are run with each background check, but cannot be run separately. Learn more about the cost and contents of an MVR through Zenefits.
Background checks are an optional part of the hiring process.
See this page for an explanation of the background check process.
Thank you for the feedback!