Can I accept an expired document for Form I-9?

No. Expired documents are not accept­able for Form I-9. However, employers may accept Employment Authorization Documents (Forms I-766) and Permanent Resident Cards (Forms I-551) that appear to be expired on their face, but have been extended by USCIS.

Was this answer helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us