How can I get rid of the I-9 banner?
If you are being prompted to complete I-9 verification through Zenefits, but have already done this outside of the system, you can follow these steps to dismiss the notification:
- Go to the profile of the person for whom you're receiving the I-9 verification prompt.
- Click the Complete I-9 link in the banner at the top of the page.
- Click the Have you already completed their Form I-9? link under the Section 1 heading.
- Confirm that you've already completed the I-9.
- Go to the profile of the person for whom you're receiving the I-9 reverification prompt.
- Click the Extend Authorization action in the Form I-9 box.
- If the employment authorization has been extended click the Extended radio button.
- Enter in the new authorization’s expiration date.
- Update the Additional Info field with what should appear in Section 2’s “Additional Information” box on the corrected Form I-9 PDF.
- Fill out the Documentation of Modification fields in Section 2. This information will be appended to the corrected Form I-9 PDF that has these latest changes.
- Click Save.
Thank you for the feedback!