How to Assign Work Locations to Remote Workers
It is important for all workers to be assigned to accurate work locations at all times, for tax purposes. If someone is working from their place of residence, their home address should be assigned as their work location to ensure state and local taxes are generated appropriately in Zenefits Payroll.
The steps to mark a worker as remote in Zenefits are as follows:
- Access the worker profile.
- Under Personal Information, scroll to the Address section.
- Check the "Assign as Work Location" box.
If a work location needs to be changed and backdated, please use the following steps:
- log into your Zenefits Admin account and click the Company Profile app.
- Click on Addresses & Labor Groups on the left hand side of your screen.
- Click the +Add Work Location link and enter the new work location's information.
Assign the work location to a worker:
- Access the worker profile from the Directory.
- Navigate to Employment & Compensation and select Make Changes.
- Select the option "A change that already happened" and enter the correct effective date.
- Next, update the Work Location by selecting the correct location you just created from the drop down menu.
- Complete the steps and click Save.
Thank you for the feedback!