If you're an administrator with the correct permissions, you can follow the steps below to promote someone whose employment type/status will be changing.
For moving an Independent Contractor, Agency-paid temp, Vendor Employee, or Volunteer to Employee or vise versa
- First, you'll need to terminate the profile.
- Next, once the termination is effective, on their profile click Rehire
- "Hire" the individual, using the details of their promotion to complete all fields.
- Review your changes and preview the letter, if applicable.
- Once you click Confirm, you'll have the option to send the offer letter in an email or to copy a link to send it at a later date. Note the link will be "secure.zenefits.com" if you chose to rehire using their current profile, as the individual can log into Zenefits using their current account.
Note: If using Zenefits Payroll, you will need to make sure to pay out any earnings owed while the employee was a contractor before you complete this process.