Skip to main content




Is there anything I should know about onboarding with an L-2 EAD Visa?

The L-2 EAD visa is related to the L1 form and can be used for onboarding.

  • Under the L-2 visa, the transferring individual may be accompanied by their spouse and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age.
  • Family members who meet the L-2 requirements may seek admission through the L-2 nonimmigrant classification. If approved, these family members will generally be granted the same period of stay as the individual.

Change/extend nonimmigrant status

If family members of someone with an L2 visa are already in the United States and seeking change of status to or extension of stay in L-2 classification, they may apply collectively, for a fee, on an Form I-539, Application to Change/Extend Nonimmigrant Status. Form I-539 can be found here:

  • Was this article helpful?