The instructions below only apply to companies who use the Contractors app on their dashboard and not the new Zenefits Contingent Worker experience.
If you're looking for instructions on how to hire a contractor with the Zenefits contingent worker experience, you can find further instructions here.
To hire a contractor in Zenefits, click on the Contractors app and enter their contact information on the Hire Contractor tab.
Keep the following in mind when hiring contractors through Zenefits.
- Zenefits does not sync contractor information to payroll.
- Contractor payments made outside of Zenefits will not be recorded in Zenefits, and cannot be added to Zenefits for reporting purposes.
- Zenefits does not offer background checks or benefits for contractors.
- Unless the company has gone through open enrollment with Zenefits before, the company’s legal information must be confirmed before the first contractor can be paid.
- Contractors being hired as employees will need to go through the employee hiring process.