Skip to main content




Can I accept an expired document for Form I-9?

No. Expired documents are not accept­able for Form I-9. However, employers may accept Employment Authorization Documents (Forms I-766) and Permanent Resident Cards (Forms I-551) that appear to be expired on their face, but have been extended by USCIS.

  • Was this article helpful?