How to Create a Peer Review
A peer review is when someone's performance is evaluated by their lateral or similarly reporting coworkers. One of the templates provided to you in the Zenefits system is set up with questions designed for a peer review, but you can also create your own. Note that in order for someone to be reviewed in a peer review setup, they must have at least one other individual reporting to the same manager. If you haven't set up your company org structure in Zenefits, you'll need to do this first.
In order to set up a peer review, you can ensure the following review setup is utilized.
- On the Reviewees step, choose the scope of who will be reviewed
- is it one location? (choose a location from the filter panel on the left)
- one department? (choose a department from the filter panel on the left)
- the whole company? (ensure that no filters are applied, and no individuals are excluded in the filter panel)
- a custom group? (use the Individuals field to build a custom group)
- On the Reviewers step, select Peers (Peers sharing their manager).
- Once peers are finished with the review, all answers will be sent to their shared manager. If you'd like the manager to participate in answering the review questions instead of just summarizing, check the Reporting Manager box in the Reviewers section as well.
- In the Questions step, ensure that any questions you create are assigned to the Peers and others in the Assigned to section.
- In the Sharing Feedback step, decide if the reporting manager's summary will be shared with the individual.
Notifications will be sent to each participant's Zenefits account to complete their peer review on the first day of the review cycle. If manager summary feedback is selected to be shared with the direct report, they'll receive a notification that the copy of the summary is available once the manager has completed it.
How to Create a Manager Review
How to Create a 360 Review
How to Create a Self Review