A 360 degree review is a method of giving someone feedback from everyone around them in the reporting structure, including but not limited to their reporting manager, peers, direct reports, and other coworkers.
Coordinating a 360 degree review in Zenefits does require some preparation before beginning the review process. First, determine the extent of your 360 degree review- will you be including just direct reports, peers, and managers? Or will you be including other coworkers?
Although there is no specific template for 360 degree reviews provided by Zenefits, we encourage you to view some of the other templates to see if they'll work for your use case. Of course, you'll have the option to completely customize your review as well.
Once you've decided on the best framework for your 360 degree review, you can use the setup detailed below to launch the review in Zenefits.
- In the Reviewees step, choose the people whose performance is being reviewed. If this is everyone in your company, then you'll want to ensure that no filters are applied, and no individuals are in the Exclude Individuals field of the filter panel.
- In the Reviewers step, you'll likely want to check the boxes for Reporting Manager, Self-Review, Direct Reports, and Peers. If there are additional desired reviewers who don't fit into these categories, you can add them individually in the Assigned Reviewers section below.? For example: If there is someone in your company who doesn't have any peers (anyone else reporting to the same manager) or direct reports, you may wish to assign them additional individual reviewers as needed.
- If you've chosen to create a custom review, you'll next complete the questions. If you're using a template, you can use this opportunity to edit any questions. For each question, determine which reviewer will be required to answer the question. That way, you can choose to have questions apply to only certain roles.
For example, you can choose to have only managers comment on performance metrics by checking the box for Reporting Manager next to a question "Did this individual meet their performance goals this quarter?"
- Determine if the reporting manager will share their feedback summary with the direct reporter in the final Sharing Feedback step.
- Note that once you create the review cycle, you can't alter the start date. After you click Create Review Cycle, the reviewers will be alerted via notification in Zenefits to complete the review(s) on the start date of the review.