How does Okta integrate with Zenefits?
Okta offers two different methods of integration with Zenefits:
• HR as a Master: apps are automatically provisioned to workers based on their group, role, or other attributes.
• SSO: lets workers sign into Okta and launch Zenefits without having to re-enter credentials.
The Okta integration is currently in early access. If you're interested in adding this feature, please reach out to your Customer Executive or Zenefits Customer Care.
Setting Up the Integration
- From your Zenefits admin dashboard, click the Add an App tile at the bottom of your app list.
- Click the Okta tile, then Connect Existing to sync an existing Okta account or Sign Up to create an Okta account.
- Next, choose if you’d like to set up your Okta integration using HR as a Master, SSO*, or both.
- Confirm that the account connected is the right one. If you have multiple accounts, choose the correct one from the drop down and click Next.
- Select a Zenefits Profile from the left drop down and map it to the Okta Profile on the right.
- Next, determine if you’d like auto activation to be on.
- In the next step, you’ll see a list of all your workers. If you don’t want any of their information to be synced to Okta, uncheck the box next to their name.
- After that’s complete, you’ll be returned to the dashboard.
*After you've completed the app setup detailed in the instructions above, you’ll need to take some additional steps listed below to configure SSO.
How to Configure SSO with Okta
- Open the Okta app from your admin dashboard.
- Select the Settings tab and then the Edit icon.
- Check that the Okta Single Sign-On is Enabled, and then take the following steps to get the XML code to paste into the Metadata XML box.
- Go to your Okta admin account and click Applications.
- Select your Zenefits account from the list of Applications.
- Click the Sign On tab, then under the SAML configuration section, click on the Identity Provider metadata link.
- This will open a page with the XML info. Copy all of the text, then return to the Settings page of your Okta app in Zenefits.
- Paste the XML content into the Metadata XML box and Save.
Once you complete these steps, SSO will be instantly enabled for all your workers.
How to Change to HR as a Master or SSO
- From your Zenefits admin dashboard, click the Okta app.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Settings page, you can change the Okta setup type.
Thank you for the feedback!