- Group renewal tasks generate after a group completes 1) open enrollment 2) new group enrollment/switch carrier enrollment.
- Employee tasks generate after an employee completes a unique event for that one employee such as their new hire enrollment, a qualifying life event enrollment, a termination occurs, or an applicable demographic change occurs for the employee.
- Group tasks include data for multiple employees because it is generated by a company wide event.
- Group tasks generate one day after the enrollment closes.
- Example: If your Open Enrollment ends on January 30th, the group renewal task will generate on January 31st.
- Event Details:
- Group effective date
- Lines of coverage
- Event type
- Census Report
- OE Change Report (if the group renewed with the same carrier)
- Employees to be enrolled:
- List of all employees that need to be enrolled.
- Employee enrollment forms (if the group’s carrier has supported forms).
- No, the data included on a group task is a snapshot of employee elections as of the time the task was generated.
- When reviewing old group tasks, data in reports and election information is a snapshot as of the date the task generated.
- Zenefits will generate a new group task and include a new section in the task highlighting employees adds/removals/changes.
- If the task was previously closed by a user, the system assumes the fulfillment was complete for those employees. The new group task will highlight employee enrollments that were sent and show the enrollments to be done in the new task
- The “Employees To Be Enrolled” section will show the list of employees for whom enrollment data needs to be submitted to the carrier.
- If employees make changes to their elections after a group enrollment period, Zenefits will generate a new group task and link it to the previous task for referential purposes.
Upcoming changes on 6th September 2021
Starting 9 / 6 /2021 Group Tasks will be managed a little differently within Zenefits. The original Group Task will continue to generate once the Open Enrollment window has ended, but will not regenerate if there are individual employee changes. Instead, as new employee-specific changes occur, new member-level tasks specific to each employee will now be created, making it easier to track and manage changes.
What if employees make changes to their enrollment?
- Zenefits will create employee / member renewal tasks and not modify the group renewal task
- Member tasks will be created for changes after a group task is created. These need to be submitted to the carrier.
- If a task is closed by a user, the system assumes the fulfillment was complete for those employees.
- It's good practice to check all open and closed tasks (both member and group) for a given renewal to ensure all tasks are accounted for.
- Group tasks will not be closed automatically except in one case - if the insurance carrier for a line of coverage is changed and the group task is still open, then a new group task will be created with the new carrier.
- There are few scenarios such as cost correction, contribution correction, demographic changes, etc. for which a user may not see new member tasks created as there is no impact to enrollment on the carrier side. In such cases member tasks will be created only if the group task is still open. If a group task is closed, then no tasks will be created.
- It is recommended that any enrollment change after the group renewal task is already closed, is communicated directly to the carrier, because the system generally assumes fulfillment is complete when a task is closed.
- The feature for creating member renewal tasks may have been released after group tasks were regenerated as per the old behavior. Ensure employee enrollments on the latest group task and any member tasks created post that, are submitted to the carrier.
Thank you for the feedback!