How do I add my new spouse to insurance coverage?
A spouse can be added to coverage within 30 days of the marriage date as a qualifying life event. Due to processing time, this must be completed within 27 days in Zenefits.
To complete the application, either a photograph/scanned copy of the marriage certificate is required.
- Log into the Zenefits dashboard.
- Go to Medical, Dental, or Vision Insurance app.
- Click on the Make Changes button.
- You'll need to input your qualifying life event (QLE) and select the date the QLE occurred.
- Before making your enrollment changes, click Estimate My Costs to see what your changes will cost.
- You'll be prompted to upload an image of the corresponding documentation for the QLE (marriage certificate).
- If you don't have the proof of eligibility on hand, you can skip uploading the document by clicking the I don't have my documents-upload later link. You will need to upload the document within 27 days of the QLE or your application will not be submitted to the carrier.
Please click here to view our Help Center article on enrolling after a QLE.
It typically takes between 2-3 weeks for the carrier to review your application. We will email you as soon as we have received confirmation you have been approved for coverage.
Thank you for the feedback!