How do I enroll a dependent due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)?
If an enrolled employee has a dependent undergoing a qualifying life event (QLE) such as recently losing coverage or being adopted, the employee can add that dependent to their existing coverage within 30 days of that QLE. These changes must be made from the employee's Zenefits account within 27 days to allow for processing time. Please follow the instructions below to make these changes:
- Log into your Zenefits account.
- Go to the Medical, Dental, or Vision Insurance app.
- Click on the Make Changes button.
- You'll need to input your qualifying life event and select the date the QLE occurred.
- Answer the steps in the flow to make the applicable changes.
- You'll be prompted to upload an image of the corresponding documentation for the QLE (marriage license, divorce decree, birth certificate, death certificate, COCC, or COBRA election notice).
- If you don't have the proof of eligibility on hand, you can skip uploading the document by clicking the I don't have my documents - upload later link. You will need to upload the document within 27 days of the QLE or Zenefits will not be able to submit your application to the carrier.
7. Continue through the enrollment process and click Sign & submit.
Please click here to view our Help Center article on enrolling after a QLE.
Thank you for the feedback!