How do I decline coverage?
If you want to decline coverage, you will need to log in to your Zenefits account and verify your information before declining the plans your company offers. Once your information is verified, you can decline coverage by clicking the links at the bottom of the page stating your desire to decline coverage. You will need to complete the rest of the enrollment to generate the decline waiver.
When an employee undergoes a qualifying life event (QLE), they can cancel their health plan by going through the QLE flow in Zenefits.
If you experience a QLE, you can decline coverage by following these steps:
- Log into the Zenefits dashboard.
- Go to the Medical, Dental, or Vision Insurance app.
- Click on the Make Changes button.
- You'll need to input your qualifying life event and select the date the QLE occured.
- Click Cancel my coverage.
- Input a reason for your insurance cancellation request and select the lines of coverage you wish to cancel.
- Select the lines of coverage you would like to cancel.
- Click Cancel Coverage.
Thank you for the feedback!