Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan is a type of medical insurance plan with nationwide coverage and no requirement for a Primary Care Physician.
What makes a PPO plan unique?
- PPO plans are often big carriers with a wide network.
- PPO plans offer nationwide coverage.
- PPO plans offer in-network and out-of-network coverage.
- Employees in most states can enroll in a PPO plan.
- Services by in-network providers will have a higher benefit and less out-of-pocket cost to enrollees than out-of-network providers.
- Enrollees can see any doctor any time with a PPO plan; a referral from a Primary Care Physician (PCP) is not necessary.
Thank you for the feedback!