Dependent Loss of Coverage
If an employee's dependent loses coverage, this is considered a valid qualifying life event (QLE) and the dependent can be added to the employee's coverage.
The employee needs to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Medical, Dental or Vision Insurance app.
- Click Make Changes.
- Indicate your desired change — add others to your insurance.
- Select your Qualifying Event from the Reason for Change dropdown.
- Input the event date.
- Click Continue to proceed to the enrollment flow to add your dependent to coverage.
- You may be prompted to to upload an image of the corresponding documentation for the QLE (marriage license, divorce decree, birth certificate, death certificate, COCC, or COBRA election notice).
- If you don't have the proof of eligibility on hand, you can skip uploading the document by clicking I don't have my documents - upload later. You need to upload the document within 27 days of the QLE in Zenefits to allow processing time with your broker and carrier.
- Proceed through the enrollment process, sign, and submit your application.
Thank you for the feedback!